Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week 2: Data Sources recordings

Well, week 2 of the EBPH webinars has just come to a close. What a great group! Thanks for the questions. I've got some research to do (dang, homework!!!). Actually, the homework is pretty interesting.

For example, the Youth Risk Behavioral Surveillance System has data for Texas and Texas minus the Houston Independent School Districts. Why? And is the data for the HISD available separately? It turns out it is!! There is a page for local data with a link to Houston data.

Want to know more? The recordings are available online now from the two sessions if you'd like to take a listen. While I have the same agenda for both sessions, there will be a few unique tidbits in each session. For example, during the Thursday session we looked at pregnancy data from VitalWeb. Way cool, if you ask me.

Tuesday Data Sources recording
Thursday Data Sources recording

The sessions did refer to a couple of handouts (Census data, birth data, death data) so I wanted to be sure to include the link to those.

Lastly, thank you to the participants of these sessions who give me feedback, let me know when I can't be heard or the screen can't be seen! I've made some changes in how I do things to try and improve my performance; the feedback is absolutely essential! And thank you for questions! Keep them coming.

Next week, we'll look at research databases (i.e. journals articles and such) so we gonna have some fun! Hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am....

No comments: